Restoring sight


Went to the retinal surgeon on Monday. Good new! The doctor believe he can restore some of my vision.

I have a epiretinal membrane (macular pucker) growing on the eyes macula. After about 1 1/2 years of putting up with ever reducing vision (currently 20/100) I can hardly wait to have this thing removed, regardless of any amount of discomfort. I am booked in for surgery August 11. Because of the type of surgery the doctor performing the operation may have to be called away for emergancy so I would be bumped to the next operation date. One never knows when an emergancy patient will need a retinal surgeon. Regardless, it should be the same week.

Recovery for the sight to return will be upto 6 months. This time will give the macula time to try return to its original shape. As it does the vision should also improve. There are other completions like retinal tearing but as the surgeon said "this is what we do"(referring to type of surgery he does) so I think I am in good hands.

No comments: